Subscriber login Close [x]
remember me
You are not logged in.


Published:  23 July, 2008

The Croft and Delaforce Port brands have moved from Percy Fox to Mentzendorff, following Taylor's purchase of the brands from Diageo. Mentzendorff is 20% owned by Taylor's, with Bollinger holding the other 80%. Part of the same deal involved the Croft Sherry brand, which was also off-loaded by Diageo - to Gonzalez Byass. It has appointed First Drinks Brands as its UK agent for Croft Original, the leading pale cream Sherry brand. Gonzalez Byass is now the largest Sherry maker, and First Drinks Brands the largest UK Sherry distributor, in the world's largest Sherry market. The First Drinks Brands' Sherry business will be in excess of half a million cases a year, representing more than 25% volume share of the entire UK market, according to the company. Chris Mason, First Drinks Brands' managing director, said: "We now have a level of expertise and knowledge in the sector which is unsurpassed."