Subscriber login Close [x]
remember me
You are not logged in.

Vinexpo Asia-Pacific numbers almost double

Published:  09 June, 2010

The rise in the numbers of visitors to Vinexpo Asia-Pacific 2010, has taken the show to another dimension and points to the vitality of the Asian markets, said Vinexpo.

The event that was held in Hong Kong from May 25-27 welcomed 12,617 professional visitors, a rise of 42% on 2008.

Hong Kong and Macao were represented by 43.5%, the other 56.5% were from 24 other Asian-Pacific countries.

Dominique Hériard Dubreuil, president of Vinexpo Asia-Pacific, said: "It's a real opportunity for visitors to come and meet the finest specialists in the industry, to develop their knowledge and strengthen their confidence."

According to the Vinexpo / The International Wine and Spirit Record, IWSR study, the Asian wine market will undergo its strongest growth in the next five years of 5% per year, compared to a world average of less than 1%.